Friday, July 11, 2008

Time slips away in my absence...

I'm cursed. Every time I find myself in a new location, I have serious issues with obtaining internet access. Some of you may remember an instance where I disappeared from the face of the earth for six crucial days. When I returned home from England, my parents had set up a fancy new encrypted wireless connection. They were pretty pissed when I enlisted the help of HBoO's dad to hack into their system and unlock the internet to the public, but what was I supposed to do? My parents can barely email, they would have called some guy who would charge $500/minute to type in a few IP addresses and check a few boxes. And, here we are, all moved up to my new house near TCNJ, and more shit has accumulated on my proverbial fan. I thought my housing contract provided internet access, but, alas, it did not. It'll be fixed on Sunday, but tons of stuff has happened and, damnit, I need to write about it on the internet..!

HBoO and I went to New York to see our favorite Broadway show, Spring Awakening, and HOLY SHIT SON!!!! It was the best thing I've ever seen. Seriously. My parents bought me tickets for my 21st birthday and, because they obtained them so far in advance, we got front row center. FRONT. ROW. CENTER!!!!

Any Broadway show would be an orgasmic experience in that position, but I got to see Spring Awakening, THE coolest show ever. For those that don't know, it's about a bunch of naive 19th century German teens who discover their own sexuality. Yeah. For the uninitiated, that sounds pretty damn retarded. I was skeptical last year when HBoO made me listen to the soundtrack, but it grew on me really fast and became one of my favorite albums. Seeing it live, however, is an experience beyond belief. No words could possibly do it justice, so do yourself a favor and drop $100 to see it. Right now. Stop reading. This is not a joke..>_>

That's all for now. I have more stuff to say, but this entry is becoming too eclectic. More to come, expect regular entries starting Sunday..:-)

-Matt

1 comment:

Melissa said...

For someone who loves the internet so intensely, you don't seem to have a lot of luck procuring it. Hope you can make it 'til Sunday :-P