Sunday, March 16, 2008

A cruel day of March...

The plan today was to wake up at noon and go into town to buy food. I went to bed about six and it took a while to fall asleep. When my phone's alarm went off at 12, adrenaline rushed through my body and propelled me towards my desk to end the worst sound in the world. My first thought of the day then hit me like a brick wall. It's Sunday, the market is closed. With the knowledge that no food would be bought today, I collapsed onto my bed and immediately fell asleep...

Fast forward to 4 PM. This time, I woke up for real. With the day's sunlight waning, I rushed into the shower. I was determined to see the sun today (it is SUNday after all). I walked outside, camera in hand, ready to feel the warm rays of happiness envelope my body. No such luck...
Yes, they're beautiful and I love them. They make for awesome photos and they are big and fluffy, what's not to love? How about being composed of matter that floats DIRECTLY BETWEEN the sun and my face? These thoughts were my first as I stepped outside. Shortly thereafter, an icy wind picked up, reminding me once again that March is the worst. month. EVAR!!!

But when I see two artsy farts kids outside of an art gallery, with their designer jackets, thick pretentious glasses and fancy dyed hair, a half smile comes to my mouth, and all is well with the world..:-)
-Matt

No comments: