Friday, August 8, 2008

News of the day...

Today, August 8th, 2008, 08-08-08, an historic event has occurred...

No, not the 29th Olympiad...

No, not anything to do with Barack Obama or John McCain...

Today is a day of abortion and adoption. Compy II, it's production delayed indefinitely, was aborted. In an attempt to ease the suffering of all those involved, I decided to adopt a replacement. Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, I'd like to present...

*drum roll*

COMPY II
Dell Studio ftw..:-)

Also, the Comcast situation has been completely resolved. For those that don't know, here's Part I and Part II...

I traveled great lengths to Comcast headquarters in Trenton, New Jersey. There, I faced a dreadfully long queue and several disgruntled employees...

"Hello, good sir. I recently had some trouble setting up the internet in my household. The wonderful people at Comcast told me, over the phone, to come here and replace this modem."

"...I doubt your problem is the modem. *scoff*"

"Nothing against you, sir, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Your associate recently rewired my whole house to ensure maximum efficiency. I've spent hours on the phone trying to establish a connection with your database. One of your very own colleagues instructed me to come here and perform this task. Now...GIVE ME MY GODDAMN MODEM!!!!"

"... ... ...*hands over new modem*"

---

Today, two great issues in my life were solved. I have a computer, and I can access the internet in my own home. Life is soooooo good..:-)

-Matt

No comments: