Tuesday, January 8, 2008

IHOP and photoshop...

My title rhymes, I swear, it wasn't on purpose. Yesterday, I went to New York City to see Avenue Q with HBoO. It was a magical evening, I'll go into detail in another entry (she took the pictures and has yet to upload them *stern face*)...

As for this entry, I'm going to talk about my and HBoO's favorite eating establishment, the International House Of Pancakes. It's where we, for all intents and purposes, met. It's where we started this glorious journey, so I think it deserves some comic musings...

Let's start by summing up all IHOPs with a single photograph:

As artsy farts as the picture to the left of this text looks, in reality, it's a mystery stain on the table which will shortly hold the food that we will put into our mouths. What could this be, the average person asks. Sure, you might just assume it's a bit of spilled strawberry syrup, but I prefer being more skeptical. Let's take a look directly above...













These mystery ceiling stains are definitely NOT strawberry syrup, and some of them potentially lead to mystery stains on other tables. Coincidence? I think not...

Moving on, let's examine the condiments and, more importantly, the food itself...
















These are the glorious toppings. HBoO's first memorable comment to me in the history of our relationship was, "What? You like the blueberry syrup? Nobody likes that ya crazy!!" My heart went a flutter...













Don't be fooled by the myspace angles, this water looks like piss..smells like piss..this is piss, piss with ink..:-)


















Mmm..Delicious...

















This pictures are not from our normal IHOP, just a temporary IHOP until we are back in Trenton together, therefore, the rule of IHOP appropriate names does not apply. An IHOP appropriate name includes one or more of the following: The word "star", the suffix "-isha", a "qu", and/or the name of a continent (e.g. Asia, Europe, Anatarctica)...

And now for something completely different...

I downloaded Photoshop 6.0 today, and I've been playing with it for the last few hours...
















Here's an early attempt. I darkened the contrast and deepened the colors. Ooh..aahh...

















This one was a bit less successful. I darkened the shadows and tried to make the colored bulb more..colorful?? I dunno, it still looks a little better IMO. And, finally, here's two pictures of berries that I messed with, these are my favorites so far...


That's all..:-)

-Matt

No comments: